Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome to The Giddy Goose

Well, here's where I can talk about my inspirations and creations. Mom taught me to crochet as my 4-H teacher decades ago.  I loved it, but never created much more than those cute granny squares and didn't know what to do with them.

I made Dad a scarf one winter, but those old yarns were scratchy, and I don't think Dad wore my creation even once. I don't blame him.

But the yarns available today are softer, feel yummier and the colors are fabulous. My imagination has caught fire and I can't crochet fast enough in the little bit of time I try to squeeze it into my day.

Today, my granddaughters have become my greatest source of inspiration. I imagine what will be cute on them and make them my models. Cutest models in the universe, I might add.

Nature and antiques are my next greatest source of inspiration. A big thanks goes out to all those collectors who are now making those antique patterns available to us. I LOVE it.

Photography is my next love, and soon you'll see my photos here, too. I hope what caught my eye, through the camera lense, catches your eye, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment